WHAIafrica in partnership with Keystone Bank held a three-day training and empowerment program for the teachers and the indigent students of :
1. Oforola Community Secondary School, Owerri West, Imo State,
2. Community Secondary School, Lagwa, Aboh Mbaise, Imo State,
3. Amakanma Community High School, Umuahia, Abia State
4. Girls’ Commercial Secondary School, Aba, Abia State.
Ezinwa Chinyere educated the indigent girls on menstrual health hygiene education, John Onuigbo facilitated the Teachers Empowerment Program, Amaka Duru identified and collated the data of the beneficiaries, Jane Achukwu facilitated the logistics while Nkechi Udegboka- ED of WHAIafrica and Udochukwu Chikwendu facilitated a session on mentorship and empowerment of the beneficiaries.
The following activities took place:
* Mentoring and exposing the beneficiaries to opportunities
* Paying WASSCE, BECE and school fees for the 230 beneficiaries
* Preparing the SS3 for life after school/WASSCE
* Talent discovery among the indigent students
* Teachers’ empowerment program
* Menstrual health hygiene education
* Distribution of NAFDAC certified reusable sanitary pads
With the training, the community leaders, school administrators and students of the aforementioned schools gained intense knowledge and skill on the training topics, which will enable them to be a better individuals, horn their talents and become relevant in the society.
- 230 indigent Students in Abia and Imo State at the verge of dropping out of school were rescued and given hope for brighter future.
- The beneficiaries also learnt how to harness their inert potentials (talents),
- Their school fees, WASSCE and BECE fees were paid
- 35 teachers gained new skills through the Teachers Empowerment Program
- 100 female students received free NAFDAC certified reusable sanitary pads .
Dignitaries who graced the program include the Traditional Ruler of Oforola Community, reps from the Ministry of Education bod both states, community stakeholders, branch managers of Keystone Bank in the states, parents of the beneficiaries etc.